5 more days till I leave.. noon flight at Bradley, to Detroit, to Tokyo, and then finally to Hong Kong. I am really nervous right now. My parents keep saying, "It is only going to be a year." But do they realize the longest I have been away from them is probably two weeks, since I basically went home every weekend during school and even during the second semester I went home on random week nights and drove back to school early in the morning. Do they realize how much they've sheltered and protected me? But, I really need to start learning to be more dependent and live my own life. I love my family but I can not stand them.
Basically finished packing yesterday, Wendesday, so I'm ready to go.
I've been thinking about my career, goals, and future a lot lately .. like most college students are. I think I'm down to feeling that law school will all depend on where I am in life a 2-3 years after undergrad. I don't want to deal with choosing to make my parents happy or myself happy anymore. But for now it is just best if I think about what I want to do the next three years of my life, not the next fourty.
What I want to do with my ass the next three years..
2005-2006: study abroad a year in Hong Kong at CUHK
06' summer: play around Asia
2006-2007: complete my junior year at UMASS, get a legit job or internship
07' summer: study Mandarin Chinese at Tunghai University in Taiwan, Beijing University in Beijing, or Shaanxi University in Shanghai .. we will see, I prefer Taiwan though
2007-2008: bust my ass and hopefully graduate with a degree in Policial Science and History, maybe work in an Asian studies certificate - take the foreign service officer exam in the spring
08' summer: EUROPE
..
HAHA, my goals make me laugh.
Still pondering if I should take up all my friend's offer to get me drunk and drugged up with valium before I board the plane. Well, with a bad hangover at least.





