Tired. Uploading pictures to flickr from my trip to SG right now.
Didn't go to bed till four last night because I was busy talking to people back in the states, 12 hour time difference sucks. I go to bed, they wake up, vice versa. But then at 5am Dave calls me. I wanted to chop his balls off! It was a very unexpected phone call because the last time I talked to him he basically told me how much he hated me and I told him how much I hate him and we both pretty much settled that we'd never talk to each other again. I'm really glad he called me though, as bad as things ended between us, I still have a lot of feelings for him.
sigh sigh sigh ...
I miss Singapore food a lot. Something about Hong Kong's food that just doesn't mix well with me. I had dinner tonight with my aunts and porpor and I couldn't eat anything, everything just tasted wrong. Everyone loves Hong Kong food though! Maybe I'm still getting use to it but I've been in HK for three months now, I should be use to it by now.
Shanghai on Friday with Yi, Janet, and Diane for four days and three nights. I need to figure out how much money to bring with me. Cash flow is pretty much almost gone, I don't get more money till next semester and I don't want to ask my mom for money. I should get a job, anyone need an English tutor?
For November...
- 2 6-page papers due on Thursday ... Japanese Modern History
*Fukuzawa Yukichi was one of the most influential thinkers of the "civilization and enlightenment" movement for Meiji Japan. Compare and discuss his views expressed in "An Encouragement of Learning" (1872-1876) and "De-Asianization" (1885) in the context of changes taking place in Japan in the late 19th century. Does he seem to change his perspective on Japan's development between these two essays? Or was he consistent?
*Why was Korea considered to be a major foreign problem for Japan? How did Korea figure into Meiji Japan's foreign policy? Discuss the "Korean problem" in the context of Japan's effort to become a modern state on a part with Wester powers.
- 20-page research paper due November 28th ... Japanese Modern History
*Topic: Major problems and conflicts between Korea and Japan in modern history.
- 5-page term paper due November 28th ... Political Economy in Asia
I haven't even thought about what I want to do yet.
- 5-page group paper due on November 17th + Presenation ... Political Economy in Asia
*How has foreign direct investment differently benefited the coastal, urban areas of China, and the rural, sparsely populated areas? What should China do to encourage a narrower income disparity? (Answer: Develop interior regions?)
- 5-page report due November 30th + Presentation... History of Women in China's Imperial Court
Paper on Flowers in the Mirror by Li Ju-Chen, the book is 400 pages. I haven't even started reading it yet.
So..
I need to lock myself in this room or hibernate in the library for the rest of the month! If you see me online wasting my time or just procasinating, the thing I'm best at!, PLEASE YELL AT ME TO GET MY ASS OFF THE INTERNET AND BACK TO WORK! ... Thank you! And if it doesn't work YOU ARE WELCOME TO SMACK ME!
I had a really interesting conversation, I suppose, with my aunt about my total lack of interest in school. I can't just be going to school because I have to and because my parents are making me, I need to find a reason to be here for myself or else I'm just going to crash and burn. She has a point, I just wished I could find a reason for why I want to be in school.
i just love random phone calls
October 29, 2005
posted by tiffany at 10/29/2005 01:16:00 PM
| Permalink |





