Back from Singapore, sitting in my dorm room, half dead. I'm so tired. My room smells like cigs, roomie has been smoking or her boyfriend. Damn Hong Kong students who act all innocent but are just as crazy as we, the exchanges, are. They like talking behind our backs too, you're just as slutty and "hou fong (pingyum blows)" as we are! Bleh. I don't really understand smoking and I hate the smell of it, yet I smoke, it's such a bad habiat but I only do when I'm extremely stressed out and November is going to so extremely stressful! Thank God they don't sell mild cigars here.
Anyway, I'm such a loser...
Tuesday - 25th
Woke-up at 6am, got my shit together, and was lucky enough to hail a cab at the UC bus stop. I thought the first bus was at 7am, but I re-read it and it was actually 7:30. I have problems.
Costs to airport:
- Cab down to the University KCR station: $25
- KCR University to Kowloon Tong station: $6
- MTR Kowloon Tong to Tsing Yi: $8
- Airport Express Tsing Yi to Airport: $62
I paid HK$101 to get to the airport, now if I had just taken a bus, it would have been only like at most $12. I was too lazy to figure out the airport bus schedule from Shatin.
Got to Singapore at like 2-something. The plane ride was actually pretty good, only took three hours and there was only about 20 people on the plane. Everyone had their own section to themselves. But yeah, I decided to take the MRT instead of getting a cab to the YMCA I was staying at. Big fucking mistake. It would have only cost me S$13 for a cab, that's one. Two, the MRT is so slow .. it took an hour to get my stop, Dhoby Ghaut, and when I got off it was pouring and all the sidewalks were under-construction and flooded. I knew where the YMCA was but for the life of me I couldn't a way to walk there because it sidewalks were either sealed off or flooded. Finally got to the YMCA at around 4-something, took a shower, and then just walked around Orchard Road and bought some things. Dude, Singapore sells name brands so cheap! The LV messenger bag I wanted, this one for so long was only S$1,080, which is like US$640! The same bag goes for US$1,000! I was like YOU HAVE TO BE SHITTING ME! So HOTT! 44% cheaper .. I told my mom and she was floored. That's just crazy, so happy I never bought it back in the states. Lady at the LV boutique thought I was Indoensian though, I was so offended. I really shouldn't, but since I'm racist .. I AM! Told my mommy and she just laughed, according to her it's because I look like my dad. I have deep eyes, high/pointy nose or whatver she said, and I'm dark, all just like daddy. Damn Daddy!
Afterwards, talked to Francine and Kylie on the phone, figured some plans out and passed out.
Wednesday - 25th
Woke-up at 9ish to these two curries across the room from me talking so fucking loud with their freaking accents in tow! I never had a problem with curries until I went off to college and they along with the damn viets would stink up the whole floor. Anyway, Kylie and Francine came to the YMCA to get me and we went to this hawker stand/food court. Kylie introduced Francine and I to this Avacado drink and damn it was so good! I miss it already! Then Kylie had to go cram, this girl seriously made my study habits and just ambitions in life seem like absolutely nothing! Well, I pulled the two job thing, getting back from work between 12-3am and then studying till 7am, getting up at 9am for classes, and then repeat thing last year and I don't want to go back to it again. But I see it happening again once I get back to the states. I'm just this aboslute epitome of slacker in Hong Kong though, last year really burnt me out. Back on subject again, then Francine and I just walked around a bunch of malls and basically just talked. Singapore's shopping is just like Hong Kong to me and just like HK I don't find anything that I actually want to buy. Afterwards, Francine took me back to the YMCA and then ran to work. Felt bad, the few days in SG everyone was so tired because they all to work and then come entertain me. Met up with Ah Yee later, well more like I got lost and she came and found me, and we took the MRT to meet up with Steph, Wendy, and Yung. We went to Chinatown and had some good food. This was the cleanest Chinatown I have ever SEEN! It was so clean I don't even know if I could consider it a Chinatown. The Chinatowns in Boston and New York are in two words "gross" and "dirty". After food we met up with Francine again, after she got out of work, and went to Malay town or something like that. The Malaysian new year is coming up so they have a bunch of lights and displays up. We walked through their jammed bazaar, a lot of stuff and a lot of food. Then we called it a night.
Thursday - 26th
I was not awake, but in a little daze and I swear to God that I heard this person snoring really loudly and I couldn't figure out if I was just imagining it or were the walls that thin and someone could possibly snore that loudly. But yeah, that woke me up! I went to the Botanic Gardens and that was the stupidiest, most boring, and most wasteful of time in my life. I've asked a few people who have gone to SG and they're all like "you have to go the botantic gardens", utter bullshit! I left after at max 1/2 hour there and Francine recommended I go to Sonesta, a little island resort. So after starring at a map to figure how to get there, I took the MRT to some stop, walked around a mall, and then took a cable car to the island. The cable car was swaying like crazy, the first minute I thought I was going to die. The ride back was much better though. Sonesta I guess was cool and all but .. the aquarium they had was like the size of my dorm room and I guess it just could never compete with the Boston Aquarium that powns! I haven't been there since 4th grade though, ten years ago .. gotta go when I go back to the states. I think the penquin display at the Boston aquarium is bigger then the whole Sonesta aquarium combined. Little penquins I have fond memories of you! I saw pink dolphins though, that was cool, didn't bother to pay S$13 for a picture with one though. I didn't want to get wet. I remember when I actually wanted to adopt a dolphin, I think it costs US$200 or something below that I don't remember. So long ago, so young and stupid ah!
Went back to the YMCA and Francine and Ah Yee came to pick me up. We went to the MRT where poor Steph was just standing there half alive waiting and we went and got dinner. The food was really good, SG food owns HK at least to the shitty places I've gone. I should trying going to hawker stands in HK but am far too scared to and if I went I'd be the person with the best Cantonese and no thanks, my Canto isn't up to par to actually order food and to explain/translate to everyone what's what wish and what's in them. Then it started to drizzle a little but we still sat there and finished our food and then walked over to Chijmes, which use to be this nun school but is now a place full of bars. How ironic... But that's when it started to down pour, way to go me for going to Singapore during its monsoon season. I had no idea it was until Kylie had told me. Took us forever to call a cab and then went the karoke. Yes, I'm laughing at myself too. I've gone twice before with locals but this time I was completely sober! My poor non-singing skills and guts were put to the test. Although I refused to sing any Chinese/Cantonese songs, even when I knew all the lyrics to the Denise songs. I just said I didn't to avoid embarassment =X .. haha, sorry! I just have no faith in my Cantonese and even though I have the songs memorize I still mumble over the non-chorus parts and I can't read Chinese! Had fun singing the English songs though .. even though they were kind of lame. Bryan, babe you and I need to play with your karoke machine when I get back. You missed me "trying" to rap! I had a lot of fun though, think I'm going to drag some exchange students with me to karaoke soon. It was kind of expensive though, not sure how much it costs in HK since the locals always paid. We didn't leave till 1AM and we all pretty much exhausted. We said our goodbyes and then I went back the Y and passed out on the bed.
Friday - 28th
I woke at 6/7ish to the room above me having some fun! Nothing like some sex in the morning besides being woken up by it! But yeah, finished packing, checked out, and got a taxi to the airport. This time though the plane was full with people and who was sitting next to me?! This curry and her son! God, I had to cover my nose the whole plane ride. I don't mean to be racist or anything but OMG!
I hate racism, ever since I was little and being the only non-white I was always made fun of.
- "Go back to China!"
- "Ching chong chong *pulls back eyes*"
- etc etc
But why am I so racist myself?
- Indians are damn curries who smell like the worst BO ever
- Viets are losers who won't stop squawking like ducks in their ugly language
- Blacks and Hispanics are just poor, low class, low lifes who don't deserve a cent from the government
*sigh* .. I blame my older sister! Such a bad influence on me ga-jei!
I love how my mind just wanders back and forth from topic to topic, no order what so ever. I really do think I have ADD!
But..
I had a lot of fun in Singapore, the SG gootoes were just simply amazing with hopsitality. There isn't a lot to do in SG but it was relaxing and fun. Defintely go back before I leave Hong Kong or maybe next summer when I go to China for a summer program, which is only one month. Or better yet go back when I actually have money to splurge! Or just bring my mommy along =P ... Designers are so cheap there. I'm only big on name brands when it comes to accessories, otherwise for clothes just give me American Eagle and I'll be happy.
Tired, this was a long ass post that I started six hours ago typing. I'm going to lock myself in this room or just isolate myself in the library this week. I have two six-page papers due next Monday, the 7th, but since I'll be in Shanghai I need to turn them on the 3rd. I haven't started yet and I've hardly read the books I need for them! FUCK FUCK FUCK, I have amazing bullshitting skills though that sometimes I wish I didn't have so I'd actually do my work. Then again my majors are just complete and utterly based on how good you are at bullshitting. Heck, all lawyers just bullshit like crazy. I should thank my mommmy for giving me such luvly bullshitting skills but she doesn't know what bullshitting means and she'd yell at me for swearing. I should yell at for giving me ADD though. Attention deficit disorder << yeah, so me!
Okay, I'm done rambling about nothing ... This was one long ass post!!
Bryan, I miss so much hun ... It's serioulsy driving me crazy. It's kind of sad how crazy. Never realized just how much I love you and how important you are to me. I was thinking about the last time I saw you the other day on the plane going to SG and I started crying. I must have looked like a lunatic but there was no one on the plane to see me. But, that was a really hard goodbye in my parking lot. When I drove off with the girls and you were getting in your car I didn't even want to look at you or would have to started bawling and crashed into something. They were crying over seeing us saying goodbye, which took forever to do even though we had prepped the whole summer to say goodbye. I want to cry right now and call you but I have no more minutes on my phone and you have no money to call me! *sigh* .. I hate you though loser! And then in SG I wished so much you were there with me, I'm seeing this world and experiencing new things without you and that's so foreign to me, it scares me. No matter how many friends I have around me or family, they all seem so foreign. I'm so use to experiencing and entering every new chapter of my life with you there or at least be there the next day for me to just babble to you about it. I'm so use to calling you anytime I needed to talk but now I can't because I'm afraid you're either asleep or in class. Asshole, I've known and seen you everday of my life since we were in 3rd grade .. Since we were 8/9 years old. I'm the bitch though for leaving for a year, I'm sorry. I love you hun. I'm going to go curl up and cry now.





