Almost 2am, I’m really tired but I don’t want to sleep. Got back from Shanghai at around 9pm’ish. So tired … My throat really hurts, I burnt my tongue eating a Shanghai bun earlier today, and the massage I got Sunday night is causing more problems/pain then it helped. In pain -_-
Shanghai was a good experience, I liked it. I didn’t necessarily love it though. I’m just still not use to seeing such another side of the world. Not just different culturally but wealth wise it made me realize how good I have life. I never experienced poverty back home in the states unless I’d venture out to NYC or Boston but even then not to the extent of China. Maybe it’s not poverty; maybe those people who I assume are poor are actually middle class in China. I don’t know.
So if it was up for decision now I believe I’m going to choose Fudan University in Shanghai as the school I’ll go to next summer for a Mandarin summer program. If Shanghai was extreme roughing it, one word: “squat”, for me then I don’t know how I’d survive Beijing. Really wouldn’t have been able to do anything in Shanghai without knowing Mandarin, so Thank God Yi was there.
I’ll upload pictures later and maybe post more details of the trip. It was educational, life-changing, hilarious, and just fun all at the same time. Minus the rain, it rains in Shanglai just like Florida ... rain every hour for five minutes, I really liked the weather in Shanghai. COLD + WIND = I LOVE!~





