

Ever since I decided I wanted to go to Cambodia, around late September, everyone has been basically baffled in why I would want to go.
me: I want to go to Cambodia
everyone: Huh? What? Why? Are you stupid? Tell me before you go so I can say goodbye and take a picture of you before you die
I've been told so many stories about people being mobbed, stabbed, and etc etc by people trying to convince me not to go. But I really don't care. I'm not afraid. Even worse now is that the Avian flu is making the world go crazy. I understand that a hundred million people could die but again I'm not afraid. In two days I've had six people tell me to not go to Cambodia. Damn birds!
I don't really care about what others says but my mom called me, about an hour ago, and she basically says she doesn't want me to go.
mommy: ah mui ah, you know how you want to go cambodia?
me: yes ..
mommy: well i think it's best if you didn't go, because
me: because of the avian flu?
mommy: yes, it's just really scary right now.. go somewhere else, not in southeast asia. you can go to south korea or japan.
me: but i'm not afraid mommy~
mommy: i know but still, you can go next year when you go to singapore, just shouldn't go now
me: fine
mommy: guh leh *laughs*
My mom has a point but she didn't say I couldn't go, she just said, "tsur ho moh hur leh" .. which in literal translation means, "it is best if you did not go. So technically she didn't say NO... I don't know, maybe I should just listen to my mom for once. I haven't really listened to a word she has told me since I've come to Hong Kong. If only she knew the shit I've done, she'd murder me. Maybe I should just go to Korea. They actually have winter there and snow, well Seoul only gets a little. I was planning on going to Korea during Chinese New Year.
Sigh, another year or maybe before I leave HK, hopefully the Avian flu crisis will be over or at least better by then. Cambodia is just beautiful, mysterious, and luring to my simple little two year old mind.





