Had another one of my cute phone calls with my mommy dearest last night. I love her!
Randomneess from the conversation:
- She told me to stop worrying about a friend so much every time he has a problem, when I have my own shit to worry about
- We discussed the death of my laptop and in exact quote, "we'll talk about this when you come home." After I told her how after two years it's time to get a new laptop and well come August it will be two years. HAHA, HOTTNESS! New laptop ^^
- Told her I got a B on my midterm paper for Japanese history, my stupid grad level class, and she thought I said, "D". She's proud of me, in her words "lo lik di la", work hard!
- Whether I'm going to study in Singapore or Shanghai or not I'll be back in Hong Kong with my mommy in summer of 2007! HOTT
- I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do, ie: Shanghai/Singapore ..
- I won't need to find a job when I go back to the states if I really want to concentrate on my grades. My GPA slipt a lot last semester, handling two jobs and an internship. So I need a 4.0 baby! Well my GPA isn't that bad, a decent law school would still take me but it should be higher.
- Christmas .. I can get whatever I want but just be "reasonable" with how much it costs and just charge it on a credit card. As happy as I am with that, it's no fun. At least back in the states I'd tell my mom what I want and even though I know what she got me I'd still be able to unwrap the gift on Christmas morning, under the Christmas tree. Oh well, now to track down what I want in Hong Kong or just buy it online.
-Lastly, at the end of the phone call after talking about school some more .. my mom kept on saying, "ga yuh ah, ga yuh ah, ga yuh ah!!!" .. which means "add oil" to my studies. LOL, never in a million years would I'd ever think I'd hear my mom say that!
Cantonese "add oil" = Korean "aja aja fighting!" << LOL
My mom's so cute, I love you mommy.
ga yuh! .. add oil! .. wah?
November 22, 2005
posted by tiffany at 11/22/2005 11:48:00 PM
| Permalink |





