profile

god favors no group. only religions do that.

name: tiff
age: 20
location: ludlow, massachusetts
school: university of massachusetts amherst
study: political science, economics, chinese
interests: procrastinating, playing, dreaming

#if i have the right to love, then i also have the right to choose how to love.

pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from missxmoody. Make your own badge here.
travel itinerary

lala

study abroad another semester

November 08, 2005

I haven't really told anyone and maybe I really shouldn't, but I want to study abroad another semester my senior year. So basically finish this year in Hong Kong, go back and do my junior year back @ UMASS, study abroad the first semester of my senior year, then go back to UMASS finish my second semester, and then graduate from University in MAY 2008! I can hear my closest friends screaming at me right now.

I've only told a few people very casually "hey, maybe i'll study abroad again my senior year" but I've never really looked into and been serious. But I think I've found where I want to go and I've figured out that if I do go I will be able to graduate on time.

I want to go to Singapore (National University of Singapore)! I can hear my parents going "WHAT? WHY? HAVE YOU LOST IT?!" But I don't really know why. Something about the two and half days I spent in Singapore just made me, not fall in love, but very atrracted to SG. Granted in SG all you do is eat or shop, but it's like that everywhere you go, other places just have a few more tourist traps/attractions. Something about it, I had initially told myself that I wouldn't mind working in SG one day but now maybe I'll go for a semester abroad there. SG is clean, modern, multi-cultured, survivable on only English, and in Asia, a total package that I love.

So I think I planned it out right.

Political Science major requires 11 classes, only 5 can be taken outside of UMASS + 1 Junior year writing class.
- Taken 2 PS classes @ UMASS - 4 more to go @ UMASS
- Taken 1 PS (GPA) class @ CUHK - 4 left abroad
- Taking 2 PS (GPA) classes next semster @ CUHK - 2 left available to study abroad
- Take 4 more PS classes @ UMASS

History major requires 12 classes + 2 years foreign language. I need to take 9-upper level history classes, 4 of which must be taken @ UMASS.
- Taken 1 HIS class @ UMASS (not upper level though), so still have 4 upper + 2 lower @ UMASS left
- Taken 2 upper-HIS clases @ CUHK - 3 left abroad
- Taking the 1-year equivalent of Mandarin @ CUHK right now, need one more year

So at UMASS my junior + 2nd semster senior year I'll need to:
- Take 4 PS classes (one in each subdivision: American, Comparative, World, and Theory)
- Take 7 HIS classes (2-lower 100-level + 4-upper + 1 591/595-level)
- Take 1 PS Writing class
- Take Mandarin (Chinese 246 Intensive Elementary Chinese II)
- I still have gen-eds, both ARTS, left too

So yeah there's my thought process. I'll beable to take two political science classes and three history classes in Singapore, depending on whether or not I take a history class next semster at CUHK.

Only thing is this kind of puts my plans to go Fudan University in Shanghai after my junior year in confusion. Although NUS starts school beginning of August, I will be able to do a program in Shanghai but should I still? I'm not sure about taking Mandarin in Singapore or if I'll be allowed to under non-exchange. I need to think this all out this summer. Okay, long post but I needed to write/type down my thought process before I forgot it all.

^___^ .. when should I tell my family + friends my luvly plans.

Freshmen year 2004-2005 @ UMASS
Sophmore year 2005-2006 @ CUHK
Junior year 2006-2007 @ UMASS
- summer @ FUDAN University
Senior year 2007-2008
- first semester @ NUS
- second semester @ UMASS + GRADUATE!

Maybe I've gone crazy but hey, I'm young and I'm only allowed to do this shit now. After I graduate I won't.

posted by tiffany at 11/08/2005 07:19:00 AM | Permalink |
chatbox


music

weather

  • massachusetts
  • The WeatherPixie
    links

    Other Blogs:

    Shopping:

    credits

      Distributed by:

    Template copyright :
    V4NY
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger