profile

god favors no group. only religions do that.

name: tiff
age: 20
location: ludlow, massachusetts
school: university of massachusetts amherst
study: political science, economics, chinese
interests: procrastinating, playing, dreaming

#if i have the right to love, then i also have the right to choose how to love.

pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from missxmoody. Make your own badge here.
travel itinerary

lala

December 15, 2005

Back from China alive, at least for now .. I ate chicken at this really shady hot pot place, so who knows if I'll die in a few days.

First day.


Uyugurians ..


I need a hair cut and I've never felt so short before.

Went to 'Chinese Folk Culture Villages', 120kuai entrance fee. Where we saw replica villages and all the different ethnic groups that are in China. Quick fact, the people normally associate with being Chinese are the Han ethnicity but besides that there are tens of other ethnicites in China. The Chinese flag has stars for the major ones. Finally met some Uygur people, there an ethnicity that lifes in western China, are Muslim, trace back to Turkish people, and look white/Caucasian. On my mom's side I'm a mix of Han (Toisanese) and Uygur. So it was cool to meet some, took a few pictures with the Uygur performers. My youngest uncle and youngest great-aunt look realy mixed/white. Saw a show called 'Oriental Dress', a dance peformance with ethnical traditional clothing. It was simply amazing, never appreciated Chinese traditional dancing till now. Never got the point of it when I would watched Hong Kong ancient television series.


Tibetan dancer, she was really pretty and damn could she twirl like crazy.


Ate hot pot and then got a 3-hour massagef or only 75kuai .. about US$9. So cheap and they let us sleep over night there. My shoulders are finally all loose, my right shoulder has been all tight ever since I came to Hong Kong. But when the masseuse was massaging my head went to massage around my ears it really hurt. I've only had my conch pierced for not even two weeks, even my tragus that I got in May hurt.

Second day.

Woke up early and took an one hour train ride to Guangzhou. It was 70 kuai (140 kuai for both ways) but we ended up paying 210 kuai because the stupid lady who sold us the tickets in Shenzhen gave us the wrong tickets for coming back. Okay we bought our tickets on Dec 14th to go to Guangzhou on Dec 15h. So why would you give us return tickets for Dec 14th, when we weren't even going to Guangzhou till the 15th?! Stupidity on both sides, we didn't check our tickets.

In Guangzhou we met up with Yi's paternal grandparents. Wrong to say this but they're the cheapest people. Nothing wrong with being cheap but don't vocalize it, Yi and I were so embarassed. It's not like they don't have money, they have three very rich and succesful children. Never experienced people like them before, so cheap and annoying. They further worsened my opinion of Mainland people.

But yeah nothing special at all in Guangzhou, I didn't even snap one picture. It was so cold in Guangzhou and Shenzhen though. I was freezing!

posted by tiffany at 12/15/2005 11:48:00 AM | Permalink |
chatbox


music

weather

  • massachusetts
  • The WeatherPixie
    links

    Other Blogs:

    Shopping:

    credits

      Distributed by:

    Template copyright :
    V4NY
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger