Currently Reading: The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
Quote of the Moment: "Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." -- Brendan Gill

Just finished watching "Memiors of a Geisha", it was great. Although I had to watch it bootleg on my notebook, I already have plans with someone to go see it when it finally comes out in Hong Kong, on January 12th. I've been dying to see this film since I found out they were making it. The book, although I only read half of it (I tend to stop reading things half way), is incredible and I'm a fan of Zhang ZiYi. The film was beautifully shot and the cast was awesome. The little girl, who plays ZiYi when she was young, was incredible and Ken Watanabe is so attractive. It's so wrong to say that too when he's in his mid-forties. But yeah.

Its been a very slow moving few days. Dorms closed, so I'm the only person on my floor. I really do think it's just Tuan, on the third floor, and I on the girls side of Adam Schall. It actually gets a little scary at night, damn all the ghost stories that the locals have told me. This toad, frog, or whatever kind of amphibian it is scared the living shit out of me other day. It was just chilling there in the hallway right outside my door.

Saw Louis Koo the other day, at a shopping center in Mongkok. I just exited the KCR and again there was huge crowd of people. So my friends and I go check it out and there's Louis. That's the best picture I took, really shitty but my camera is horrible and there was a million girls chasing after him. He's very good looking in person, hott~ My sister wanted to kill me, Louis is yet another one of her loves. If I manage to see Nic and Edison, I think she'll murder me.

This is just my left hand, not counting all the bites on my other hand, arms, legs, and face!
My thirty-whatever mosquito bites I got in Taipei are healing really well. All thanks to the Mopidick stuff I constantly put on them. Although I smell like medicine, I'm not dying in itchiness and yeah. The other day they were all puffy and swelling, but in the picture you can see that the ones on my hands are barely noticeable anymore. However the ones on my arms and legs are still pretty big. Its been a really rough past four or so days.

Bought the "Butterfly Lovers" musical VCD. Even though it took me a long time to get the case out of the box, it was great to watch the musical again. I have to admitt I almost cried watching it this time around, but when I first watched it live I didn't want to though. Weird. I cried during Denise's acceptance speech at the Chit Chat awards the other night. Although I do believe she deserved the gold award, she only got silver but I believe she will win gold one day!
So yeah its been a very boring few days. Wake-up, shower, go to a mall and walk around aimlessly with a friend, and then back to my room to just sit here. Got so bored I cleaned and even re-arranged my desk's position. Classes start the 9th and I'm kind of anxious to get this semester over with. I don't know what Mandarin class I'm in yet though, I have to go speak to my advisor. But here's my schedule so far:
Mondays
- GPA2395, ASIAN COMPARATIVE POLITICS - PROF PRESTON
4:30pm - 6:15pm (M9 - M10) UCC C2 LECT
Wednesdays
- IAS2510, INTRO TO CHINESE LITERATURE - DR CHAN
1:30pm - 3:15pm (W6 - W7) ELB 205 LECT 3:30pm - 4:15pm (W8) ELB 205 TUTO
- GPA2385, INSTITUTION AND REFORM IN CHINA - PROF NIOU
4:30pm - 6:15pm (W9 - W10) UCC C3 LECT
Looks so beautiful but I know my Mandarin class is going to be a 9:30AM, twice a week class. Yeah, that ruins everything! Plus besides my IAS2510 class, I don't know when my tutorials/discussions are yet.
Lets get this semester over with.. One week off in the end of January too! Chinese New year~ .. I want my lucky money!





