profile

god favors no group. only religions do that.

name: tiff
age: 20
location: ludlow, massachusetts
school: university of massachusetts amherst
study: political science, economics, chinese
interests: procrastinating, playing, dreaming

#if i have the right to love, then i also have the right to choose how to love.

pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from missxmoody. Make your own badge here.
travel itinerary

lala

February 03, 2006

Song on Repeat: Ping Pung - 殺她死 (saat ta sei - kill her)

I've been listening to Ping Pung's album "Love & Hate" and Kary Ng's album "With a Boy Like U", however I don't think I'll be picking up any of Cookies albums and playing them any time soon. Oh yeah, FYI: Kary Ng was a member of the girl group Cookies and then the lead vocalist for the rock band Ping Pung. Cookies, Ping Pung, and Kary as a soloist all have such different sounds of music; pop, rock, r&b/pop.

Everyone keeps telling me I'm becoming so Asian and God, I am. Bryan says I speak English like an Asian person now, whatever the fuck that means. Do I speak English like a FOB or do Asian-Americans speak English differently? Bryan you fucker. Speaking of Bryan he's taking Mandarin now, if he somehow manages to have better Mandarin then me, I will kill him.

____

I was going over travel plans and I realized that mid-terms are two weeks away. Didn't the second semester just start? Second semester classes end beginning/middle of April and then semester is over the second week of May. I guess it's not going by as slow as I thought. Only about two more months of school.

____

Anyway .. TRAVEL plans.
- I'm almost positive I'm going to Seoul at the end of this month, February 23rd maybe. We'll see.
- I need to book a ticket home March/April. I have two/three weeks to really come up with when I want to go home. When in August, beginning or mid? Or I could just go back a week before classes start at UMASS. But, do I want to go home?
- Do I really want to travel Japan, this summer, for a month? Well, not really a month .. there's only Tokyo, Hokkaido, and Kyoto, right? So maybe at max two weeks is more reasonable. Yes.
- Anywhere else I should go before I go back to the states? I've pretty much left Southeast Asia untouched, besides Singapore. Maybe it'd be best for another time. Either way I should save my money for October.

____

My bed time for the past week has been 7AM, for various reasons. There has been an all night karoke session (from which my voice is still recovering from .. 8 HOURS of karoke!!), a night where I laid awake thinking about not wanting to grow up aka I don't want to face the real world any time soon, a night on the phone, and a night where I planned the rest of my college career.

Here's how I plan on graduating on time:

(U) = class taken @ UMASS
(CU) = class taken @ CUHK

Political Science Major
*Requires 11 (3-credit) classes + 1 (1-credit) POLISCI writing class
*5 classes MUST be taken at UMASS (3 so far abroad, 2 left)
01. POLISCI 121 (U)
02. POLISCI 111 (U)
-- (100-level classes .. at least two, at max three)
03.
04.
05.
06.
-- (four 200+ level classes, one in each discipline (political theory, american, comparative, and international politics)
07. GPA2135 (CU)
08. GPA2385 (CU)
09. GPA2395 (CU)
10.
11.
-- (four/five 200+ level POLISCI classes)
12.
-- (one POLISCI junior year writing class)

History Major
*Requires 12 (3-credit) classes & 2 years of a foreign language
*4-upper level classes must be taken at UMASS (2 upper left for abroad)
01. HIS114 (U)
02.
03.
-- (two to five 100-level classes, fifth must be on a 3rd world country)
04. HIS3501B (CU)
05. HIS5511A (CU)
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
-- (200+ upper level classes)
12.
-- (History seminar)

#I STILL NEED:
- 60 credits to graduate (I will have 60 at the end of this semester, 120 credits needed to graduate)
- 6 more POLISCI classes (3-credit)
- 1 POLISCI writinc alsses (1-credit)
- 9 History classes (3-credit)
- 1 more year of a foreign language (Chinese Mandarin)
- 2 university GEN-EDs (literature/art)
**(Requirements left will take 64 credits)**

(#) = classes left for major requirements

#FALL 2006 SEMESTER PLAN:
-Mandarin class (6-credits) [326 Intensive Intermediate Chinese I]
-Polisci class (3-credits) - (5) [American Politics Class]
-Polisci class (3-credits) - (4) [Comparative Politics Class]
-History class (3-credits) - (8)
-GEN-ED LIT/ART (3-credits) - (1)
-Polisci writing class (1-credit)
**(19 credits)**

#SPRING 2007 SEMESTER PLAN:
-Mandarin class (6-credits) [327 Intensive Intermediate Chinese II]
-Polisci class (3-credits) - (3) [International Politics Class]
-Polisci class (3-credits) - (2) [Political Theory Class]
-History class (3-credits) - (7)
-History class (3-credits) - (6)
**(18 credits)**

#FALL 2007 SEMESTER PLAN:
-Mandarin class
-Polisci class - (1)
-Polisci class - (POLITICAL SCIENCE MAJOR ALL DONE)
-History class (5)
-History class (4)
**Whether I go to study abroad in Singapore or not, I will follow this**
**Not sure how many credits because NUS (National University of Singapore), I believe gives 4-credits per a module (an one semester class), I am not sure)**

#SPRING 2008 SEMESTER PLAN:
-History class (3-credits) - (3)
-History class (3-credits) - (2)
-History class (3-credits) - (1)
-History class (3-credits) - (HISTORY MAJOR ALL DONE)
-GEN-ED LIT/ART (3-credits) - (UNIVERSITY GENERAL EDUCATION ALL DONE)
**(15 credits)**

~I will graduate with:
>> A degree in political science and history
>> A certificate in international relations
>> MAYBE a minor in Chinese

YAH! My life is planned! At least for the next two years.

Sorry for typing that all out, I just needed to for my own sanity.

posted by tiffany at 2/03/2006 11:45:00 AM | Permalink |
chatbox


music

weather

  • massachusetts
  • The WeatherPixie
    links

    Other Blogs:

    Shopping:

    credits

      Distributed by:

    Template copyright :
    V4NY
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger