profile

god favors no group. only religions do that.

name: tiff
age: 20
location: ludlow, massachusetts
school: university of massachusetts amherst
study: political science, economics, chinese
interests: procrastinating, playing, dreaming

#if i have the right to love, then i also have the right to choose how to love.

pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from missxmoody. Make your own badge here.
travel itinerary

lala

March 09, 2006

All these random posts..

Last semester I posted everyday but this semester I just don't feel the need anymore. Maybe I've just grown accustomed to Hong Kong.

Life has been pretty bland too. On days I have clases (Monday, Tuesday, and Wendesday) I just go to classes and stay in my room the rest of the time. While on the off days I'll go to the mall, see a movie, or whatever left there is to do in Hong Kong that doesn't involve a mall, there isn't actully.

My whole "I WANT TO GO HOME" ramage has begun to descend. While I still want to go home, I don't feel as if I'll die if I don't anytime soon. This feeling makes me even more lost on when I should go home. It's either end of May or end of July .. nothing in between, I need to choose a date fast because my mom needs to buy the planet ticket, like now. I don't want to leave too soon but I don't want to stay in Hong Kong too long. See my dilemma?

Originally, well last week, I thought about doing the CUHK summer program that starts June 16th and ends in the end of July. It'd be a great way for me to stay in Hong Kong, not have to live with my grandmother, and take some classes at the same time. However, my home university doesn't have a summer time exchange program with CUHK and non-exchange would cost HK$30,000 (US$3,870). Now seriously .. that's almost as much as one semester at CUHK. Logic.

My mom also had a near fit with this idea. She doesn't see the point of me learning Mandarin in Hong Kong. She went on this rant about how I should go to China or at least Taiwan, doesn't matter if I like the country or not. She finally settled down when I agreed to go to Shanghai's Fundan University next summer (2007). I do see her logic though, to really learn the language I should immerse myself into it. Logic.

I don't remember how I got out of doing a summer program in Shanghai, this summer. Oh yeah, I think I told my mom I missed the deadline.

I'm still in the middle of midterms right now. So far I've only had my midterm exam for Mandarin and passed in my papers for business-government relations class. I still have one paper (ten pages) and two presentations to tap out for next week. I don't understand how midterm is in March when finals start in the middle of April. Thinking of April gives me a headache. I'll have three papers due and three exams.

What's the best way to release all this stress from midterms and prep myself from the oncoming onslaught of finals that are a month away? Take a nice and relaxing vacation.

Where shall I go? Bangkok, Thailand. Bangkok where I can pay around US$150 for both plane ticket and hotel. Bangkok where I can get by only using US$10 a day if I wanted. Bangkok where I'll just tan and see the temples.

Why Bangkok? Well originally April was for going to Japan and seeing the cherry blossoms, however plane ticket alone would cost way more then my whole trip to Bangkok. See my logic? Plus Japan can always wait for when I'll be able to spend more time there and traveling with closer friends.

Sometimes, very seldom, do I actually think logically and this time my mommy approves .. Well, I originally wanted to go to Bali but that was big "NO!" from my mom.

me: i never wanted to go to thailand but now all of a sudden i do
mom: yeah i always wondered why you never wanted to go to thailand


People ask me if I'm afraid of my mom and the answer is honestly 'no'. What I am afraid of is doing things my mom disapproves of or will disappoint her. I do a lot of things that she disapproves of (my ears are a good example) and a million things that disaapoint her (everything I've done in my life goes here or maybe lack of), but out of everything whether I follow it or not, I value my mom's opinion a lot because I respect and love her. Doesn't mean I agree with her opinions though.

My mom voted for BUSH! Enough said.

Besides everything else, simply put it .. My mom is my financial life line.

I think 'logic' is my current word obsession because I'm in this phase where I need to think logically. Past words include 'dude' and 'irk'.

posted by tiffany at 3/09/2006 02:42:00 PM | Permalink |
chatbox


music

weather

  • massachusetts
  • The WeatherPixie
    links

    Other Blogs:

    Shopping:

    credits

      Distributed by:

    Template copyright :
    V4NY
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger