Yesterday I got home from work to find my mom sitting on the couch crying. She had been sitting there for the past few hours just like that. She called my aunt, in Hong Kong, yesterday morning and found out that my grandmother has ovarian cancer.
I really don't know what to think or how to feel. It broke my heart seeing my mom just sitting there crying. I've never seen my mom so weak before. All she kept on talking about was how she was an awful daugther. I believe the second my mom heard that my grandmother had cancer she flashed back forty years ago, when she was only twelve years old, and her dad passed away from thyroid cancer. My grandfather doted on my mom, who was the oldest of five children, and when he passed away it hit my mom really hard. Not only did she lose her doting father but she was packed off to boarding school too.
My grandmother was so strong raising five children all by herself, she has done nothing else but try her best to give her children and her grandchild the best lives possible. My mom is just like her, ever so strong and caring. I can not smack myself anymore for not spending more time, with my grandmother, while I was in Hong Kong.
I still feel so numb from all of this. My porpor's having surgery on Sept 9th and for now all my family can do is pray that the cancer does not spread anywhere else. My grandmother has lived a very hard life, she really doesn't deserve to suffer like this.





