So, I'm about to pay over a grand on Kaplan LSAT prep classes but I can't bring myself to press the button to complete the transaction. All of a sudden a million doubts are running through my mind. "Do I really want to go to law school?" If I take these LSAT classes I'm basically committing totally, to my parents at least, to becoming a lawyer. I'm also committing a decent amount of money, that could be spent on a lovely shopping spree, and a lot of time, four hours of my life every week for three and half months. My whole college career has been about making my resume/application to law school look the best.. countless internships, busting my ass double majoring in economics and political science, and trying my best to graduate on time. However, my GPA sucks and is only going to go down the drain after this semester because I've learned that I really am not a math person at all! What to do? I want to work as a lawyer in Hong Kong, finance or corporate, but that's hard if I don't get into a top 20 law school. Maybe I should just go to law school in Hong Kong? But even then I'd still need a decent GPA, CUHK requires a B, but they don't require LSAT scores. I really need a 4.0 next semester and I think it will happen.. I'm taking two gen-ed lit classes and three polisci classes, no math or econ!
So my GPA right now is actually bordering lining a 3.0 and will sink after this semester, math really isn't for me. But if all goes well I will graduate double majoring polisci and econ, a minor in Chinese, and a certificate in international relations. I've also done two semesters of internships, heavily on student activism, and I could get a MA state rep and a hott shot professor to write some recommendations to me. But I know law school is all about numbers, unless my parents hit the jack pot, and I basically have two more semesters to make my GPA all beautiful, unless I decide to not commit suicide and do a 5-year route instead.





